Hours per Week:
Years of Experience:
Bachelor in Computer Science, MS will be preferred
All Company Benefits
- Manage multiple vCenter Servers in multiple locations and environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve VMware issues from performance to configuration.
- Install and upgrade VMware products.
- Design, implement and manage solutions to support the Virtual Infrastructure.
- Back up and protect VMware environments using VMware SRM, VMware Data Recovery and vSphere Replication.
- Work with Network and Storage teams to effectively manage the virtual infrastructure
Description of Work:
- .Work in an Environment supporting VMware products.
- Review and respond to system alerts/issues and handle customer inquiries.
- Perform daily system checks and audit reviews to ensure system health.
- Apply security patches to VMware management servers and Hosts.
- Install, configure and upgrade VMware products.
- Ability to be in an On-Call rotational schedule.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Be able to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- B.S. in Information Technology or a related field and 5 years of experience in a Data Center environment with overall 7 year IT experience.
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization certification required.
- All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience working in a VMware infrastructure environment.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to act as the point person to solve critical issues.
- Hands on experience managing a virtual infrastructure for desktop environments running on Horizon View.
- Hands on experience working with VMware vRealize Suite products, specifically Automation, Operations Manager and Log Insight.