We are seeking a technical Trainer with extensive work experience for establishing the approach to software development and a set of practices that stresses communication, collaboration and close cooperation between the agile development teams and information technology professionals.
Coach and mentor development teams in DevOps practices and implementations to maintain and deploy software systems and automated solutions to help solve continuous delivery issues.
In addition, the Technical Trainer should coach the teams in Modern Development Practices to branch, test, commit and deploy code across multiple servers as well as be proficient in reading the internals of a system, checking load balance, knowing when to add additional infrastructure and knowing how to receive and interpret automated messages about the state of the environments they manage.
- The Technical Trainer should coach the teams in Modern Development Practices to branch, test, commit and deploy code across multiple servers as well as be proficient in reading the internals of a system, checking load balance, knowing when to add additional infrastructure and knowing how to receive and interpret automated messages about the state of the environments they manage.
- Continuously improve our visibility into our systems and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
- Identify root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, and take necessary steps to resolve them
- Create, and follow up on site incident reports with other members of the engineering team and see them through to resolution
- Coach and Mentor others in various build and deployment practices as well as DevOps principles
- Provide guidance in architecting and managing product release workflow and live deployments using continuous integration and delivery methods
- Provide guidance in developing high-level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team.
- Review application development progress to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards. Guide the programmers/developers on technical issues.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a systems and or software architect, specifically n-tiered architectures, web architectures, service oriented architectures (SOA)
- 3+ years’ experience with agile development DevOps, Test Driven Development with knowledge of agile project tools using Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Maven, and Nexus
- 1+ years of experience in coaching and conducting training sessions with classes of 10+ technical resources
- Familiar with tools and technologies such as: Websphere, RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, Java, SQL, Eclipse, RAD, Junit, Selenium, Git, Jenkins, Gulp, Jslint, MySQL, Node.js
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder).
- Must be able to obtain a SSA Position of Trust.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with the following tools SAFe, VersionOne and Rally
- 3+ years virtualization experience
- 3+ years’ experience in web-based technologies, object oriented development, J2EE development and best practices
- 3+ years’ experience in automation development and QA testing preferable using Cucumber and Selenium
- Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building
- Experience in coaching and conducting training sessions
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience is a plus
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Experience with Cloud based implementation and transition to the Cloud
- Experience with source code revision control systems GIT , SVN and experience with MEAN stack