SSSI is looking to hire a seasoned Project Manager for its Client MD State DoIT (Department.of Information Technology)
DoIT has identified a project to prepare for transitioning the voice network connections to the PSTN and TDM PBX system replacements. DoIT has begun to transition the State’s voice network services to IP in concert with the transition of the PSTN.
The transition shall include the majority of telephone services utilized throughout the State today. In addition DoIT will replace and/or retrofit its multi-agency telephony system(s) in order to ensure that the systems are compatible with the changes in the telephone network, meet the State’s reliability requirements, OPEX objectives, as well as enhancing the State’s ability to deliver constituent services across multiple communications channels.
There are two main objectives:
1) Migrating existing DoIT managed PBXs to a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform
2) Migrate existing connections to the PSTN to be VoIP compliant.
The Project Manager (PM) will primarily lead this VoIP Transition Project and be responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of this modernization effort along with actively coordinating with the telecommunications and network teams.
In addition, upon request, this Project Manager may assist with other related Information Technology Innovation projects.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide the overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning/design, implementation, monitoring and controlling, and reporting.
- The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in managing and overseeing the project efforts.
- May all day to day activities of the transition including the development of the roadmap and scope, and associated to changes to these plans, schedule, scope, and cost.
- Establish appropriate strategies and processes to manage the design and installation of the VoIP telephone systems and its associated elements (Hardware/Software, Local Area Networks (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) call centers, etc.)
- Oversee/Support the site survey assessments and prepared finding reports and implementation plans to conform to required standards.
- Provide direction to respective telecommunication and associated project teams within the Department.
- Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
- Serve as the primary liaison for the VoIP effort within DoIT, and to external Agency stakeholders and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned by the State Project Manager (PM)/Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Bachelors but a Master's Degree is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in managing IT related projects.
- Demonstrated at least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least three (3) years of experience in managing VoIP projects and at least two (2) years of experience in either contact centers, LAN/WAN, or Wireless projects.
- Experience developing planning and implementation documentation, reports, briefings, and process documents.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) Certified Convergent Network Technologies (CCNT) or Convergent Technologies Professional (CTP) Certification is preferred.
- Possess excellent communication skills with both Senior Level Executive and team members.
PMP from PMI
10+ years PM experience in large organizations