SSSI is seeking an Agile Coach who will lead one or more project teams and be engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations;
- Prepare project execution plans
- Basis of estimates for new opportunities
- Identify appropriate technical and business resources needed for the current and future projects
- Keep current on advances in the field of IT, and provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
- The Agile Coach will act as a customer contact for technology, lead technical review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- The qualified applicant will become part of our project with Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
- Establish strategy and approach to transform customer software development from a traditional SDLC methodology to Agile methodology.
- Lead the development and execution plan to support the transformation to Agile methodology, including development of processes, templates, artifacts, training materials, and lessons-learned.
- Lead the efforts of developing Agile software engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
- Manage corporate wide Agile software engineering support across customer organization.
- Conduct Scrum team training, retrospective workshops, Lean software development workshops for infrastructure teams.
- Establish Agile PMO function and an architectural recommendation review function.
- Develop Agile/Scrum processes, including analysis of existing processes, elicitation of requirements from subject matter experts, and application of industry best practices and standards.
- Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer’s lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the senior customers on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Systems or related disciplines and 14 years of experience; Master’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Systems or related disciplines and 12 years of experience; PhD in Business, Information Technology, Information Systems or related disciplines and 9 years of experience; or 18 years of experience will satisfy the education and experience requirement.
- 3 years of experience in leading and managing large Agile programs and projects, including extensive experience in managing software development and system deployments.
- 3 years of experience in supporting an enterprise wide Agile transformation.
- 2 years of experience in conducting Agile team training.
- Certification as Scrum Master (CSM).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have experience in dealing with all levels of executives.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with and understanding of doing business with the federal government.
- Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
- Experience with enterprise architecture, application planning, and deployment.
- Experience leading efforts to prepare life cycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans.
- A solid understanding of SSA operations.
Certification in one or more of these designations is preferred:
- Certification as an Agile Coach
- Agile Certified Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certification as a Product Owner (i.e. CSPO)
- SAFe Program Consultant 4 (SPC4)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®